GCS Group is experienced in all areas of construction including design build installations, mechanical completion and commissioning of industrial facilities, and managing turnarounds and shutdowns. Integrating work scopes for different disciplines allow for safe management of complex, time-sensitive projects, resulting in maximum efficiency and productivity.
Involved in the ownership and management of two large construction contracting companies in the past, Mr. Houghton has used those experiences to create a new company that eliminates all the failures that are happening in the industry today. From humble beginnings, core services were focused on sawmill construction, maintenance, and fabrication. GCS group of companies has since grown to accommodate market demand, offering a full range of services in Construction Management, Plant Maintenance, Module Assembly, Shop Fabrication, all site work from engineering Design right through to commissioning.
GCS is managed by a team of companies all experienced top level executives that have worked together on some of the industry’s largest and most complex projects with a common drive to achieve, conservative financial practices, and a history of success. With strong industry partnerships in key sectors, we have the ability to execute a wide array of technically complex projects.
- Performance Excellence: We are committed to delivering technically challenging projects safely, on time, on budget, to the highest standard of quality.
- Fair Return: We provide the highest quality product for the best cost and deliver on what we promise.
- Ethics: Mutual respect, integrity, honesty and open communication at all levels are the driving force for how we build relationships with our staff, customers, contractors and suppliers.
- Safety: Our commitment to safe work is part of our core business philosophy and we consistently outperform key industry statistics.
- Sustainability: Environmental protection and social responsibility – the foundations of sustainable development – are integral to our continued success.
We will achieve this by:
- Leading the industry in HSE, performance and environmental stewardship
- Developing a sustainable and diverse business
- Attracting and retaining smart, flexible, and adaptable people
- Adapting to changing markets and consistently delivering as sold to our customers
Through our partnerships, we aim to bring Indigenous communities and their businesses to the table on projects that affect our lives. Engaging and ensuring all parties have a voice and opportunity to participate is critical to the success of any venture. Knowing that each community has unique business and employment capacities, we work first to understand where the value lies in any collaborative effort. We have worked with multiple communities and First Nation owned companies in various agreements that fit and support the end goal of delivering a project that has gained social license and benefits all industry and community stakeholders.
We have worked with our partners to invest in their communities on several fronts. Whether it’s collaborating on industry training, participating in community events, or funding needed infrastructure, we are striving to create a positive lasting impact in the regions where we work and live. Guided all the while by our combined commitment to environmental and social sustainability.
For us, success is more than short-term goals on any given project. Our vision is to work with Indigenous peoples as they create opportunities that underlie job creation, inspiring further education that contributes to prosperity and growth. Our partnerships are about changing the way we do business in our industry. They are long-term investments that create a rising tide of economic and social prosperity, ensuring a strong future for all of us.
Your Project. Our Expertise.